my wr1

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Obey 1, Apr 18, 2017.

1. ifearnley

ifearnley Member

How much is a stroker upgrade nowadays?

2. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

mine was £3500 with exchange long engine

3. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

well car been running in nicely having map on thursday

HAGGY likes this.
  4. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

update car didnt get anywere near map it was on rollers and gradually building up then engine light came on , it was around 4000 revs and was shut down OEM ecu not picking up anything so he stuck on a simtek and that picked something up with cams , so off it went back to garage and both sensors changed on the cams and still an issue like rough running through from 4000 so now car left at garage to be sorted and then mapped as i dont want it back until running as should be

5. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Hope you get sorted Dave. Must be very frustrating but stick with it.

6. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Good luck Dave, I'm sure you will be happy with it once it's sorted bud :cool:

7. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

thanks guys yes prob something so tedious fingers crossed for this week

8. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

well car back at the garage and sprung an issue with the AVCS not running so cant be mapped do people know if the OEM ECU will allow the 2.1 stroker to run or will it need a aftermarket ECU or a JPM one help needed its head against wall and doing head in

9. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

update car still there hopefully home soon to enjoy they found the NPS switch at fault and now AVCS working so now ready for map

mickp likes this.
  10. ZANNY

ZANNY JDM WIDETRACK SPEC Z

What's happened pal it's Tuesday ?
    Hoping your busy enjoying it and not posted how much fun your having fingers crossed

11. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

Car going for map today :cool:

ZANNY and 5N!P3R like this.
  12. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

Well car with standard set up with the build 329 bhp all they could get they said air restrictions flow possibly cat

ZANNY likes this.
  13. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

well car back home again hope all goes well avcs working and boosting new blood in her and enjoyed the drive home now for a clean tomorrow

HAGGY likes this.
  14. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

well didnt go to plan after the clean drove to trafford and engine light came on gggggggggrrrrrrrr , waited until today and more time off work went to adge he put car on reader and up flashed the nps now it could have been a cel that had not been cleared or the switch throwing an issue anyway back on sat to adge and new switch being fitted and fingers crossed no more issues

HAGGY likes this.
  15. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

well went over to adge and he put reader on the switch came up so he cleared it and touch wood not back on , but mapper phoned me today and i asked how the switch was working because cel light had come on and i had booked for switch ,he said the switch is fine its in the box something in the box making the switch work in reverse to what it should be and thats why the garage hard wired it to tell the ecu its in gear all the time

16. Madsk1ll

Madsk1ll New Member

Hi new to the family interested to know how the car is now? has the engine light stayed off?

17. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

it did but as now come back on hopefully off to brians @CAMS this week x

Madsk1ll likes this.