P0031 no history of car

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Subaru Si, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Subaru Si

Subaru Si New Member

Hi guys! 1st post so stick with me.
    Recently bought a blobeye Wrx 2005. Now when I bought it the CEL was on and the dealer told me it had a full exhaust, uppipe decat and remap. No documents in the history of car for the remap but he did tell me he had read the codes and it needed a bank 1 sensor 1 which he has purchased for me as condition of buying the car. I have been "enjoying" my first Wrx as it should be used thinking that i will just be using more fuel than usual. I have the sensor to fit today and hopefully that will be the end of it!
    But after doing lots of research I've just read that if it was remapped the CEL shouldn't be on for this as the values are normally changed as part of the map. If this is Correct am I right in thinking I shouldn't get this CEL?
    Also worried that I have been hooning it around on boost which I have read that if the uppipe decat was done can damage the engine/ turbo??
    I love the car and want to keep it reliable for as long as possible before I replace engine for a forged unit!
    Another issue with it is that I get an ABS light on at 90 every time I hit it and throws a p0026 code which is a control solenoid valve or that could be 2 separate issues?
    Any help would be appreciated as I am new to Subaru but adore the boxer engines and don't want this to ruin the whole Subie scene for me!

2. T1RONE

T1RONE Active Member

It sounds to me like there is a possibility it could have had these changes/ upgrades without being mapped, although I've heard cel light coming on after being mapped. I'd get log book out and contact the previous owner to see if he can shed any light on who mapped it, contact them and go from there. I'd also keep it off boost until I get to the bottom whether it's actually been mapped or not

3. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

If it's only recently been dealer purchased, I would be putting it back in front of them and asking them to sort. Plenty of statutory rights that protect you on things such as this.

As Ryan says, best to go very easy with your right foot until you have some answers.

T1RONE likes this.