AUDI TTS

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by KEV C, Jan 8, 2015.

1. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

No, honestly, that's it. I can't believe how good these cars are. I'd love to test drive one of the TTRS's !!!!

2. KEV C

Time to cash in your bet Mick, watch this space :rock:

3. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

It must have been painful to wait this long Kev :sweating::sweating::sweating: Safe bet though that you would buckle mate. Modding is in your blood :cool:

4. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Kev,

that looks a great buy. I've had a TT only the 180 bhp with leather and BOSE and it was a brilliant car if I wasn't driving a Subaru it wold be and Audi next choice :cool:

5. KEV C

:giggle: Just waiting for it to stop raining then i can take some pics !!!!

6. KEV C

Well, couldn't wait any longer for the rain to stop so here goes, they are 18" x 9.5" (ET45) Ispiri ISR1's in Matt Graphite, done the blck wheel thing to death so thought these would keep in character with the previous wheel on the car.............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's probably taken me a good 2 months to decide on the right wheel for the car. I had toyed with the idea of going up to 19" but it would have meant using 35 profile tyres and i didn't want to upset the ride quality.
    For the more eagle eyed of you, the rear windows have been tinted also.

Right, that's it, no more modding :rolleyes:

ProdriveWagon and mickp like this.
  7. KEV C

Sorry, put one of the pictures on twice !!!
    [​IMG]

8. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

They suit the car really well Kev, not too far away from BBs's and look great bud :cool:

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  9. KEV C

Ta Dave, the 9.5" wide version of this wheel gives a really nice concave, it sits a further 13mm out than before because of the offset and is now flush with the arches.

Another reason for sticking with the colour is that the wifes not noticed them yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. KEV C

Well after 3 months of trying to put up with the Matt Graphite colour of the wheels, i've given into temptation and upgraded the wheels to 19" Ispiri ISR10's which have a more aggresive concave but in Black. I knew from the beginning i should have bought 19's and not 18's but thought i could live with it but has i needed some new tyres anyway (excuse given to wife), i've just bought these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. sirduds

sirduds Active Member

nice

12. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Stunning :)

13. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

there too black, cant see them ;)

14. KEV C

Like your eyes if you carry on :punch::rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. James Tomlin

James Tomlin New Member

Hi Kev, I have the same car in dark grey and looking at the 19" inspiri's. Are they 9.5x19 all round? What tyre size? Any rubbing problems with that? Lowered by how much? Thanks

16. KEV C

Hi James,
    Yeh they are 19" x 9.5" all round, ET45. Tyre sizes are 255/19/35 Nankang NS2's, seem to be a great tyre and not too much road noise.

The car is running the standard TTS mag ride suspension and they have rubbed just the once when i went over a speed bump too fast. When i get back off my holiday i'm going to look at putting a tiny bit of negative camber on the rears to see if that makes a difference.

17. KEV C

Painted the calipers and stone guards last weekend and added new TTS caliper stickers, although you can only just spot them in the picture:
    [​IMG]

18. James Tomlin

James Tomlin New Member

Thanks for the info! Looks good!!! Just worried that it may rub on mine, I also have Mag ride but it's lowered 25mm on H&R springs. Don't want rubbing issues. 8.5x19 won't look as good I don't think.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  19. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Mates TTRS at the Nürburgring in August, running Stage 2 Revo, bonkers car. :) image.jpeg

20. KEV C

It's been a blast but it's time to go before i put my bad back out of joint peeling myself in and out of it :sweating: